always look behind you.

Instagram

31 May 2014

Grandmother's Dress {Personal}

My grandmother has kept the dress she wore the night my grandfather proposed in 1955.  Not only has she held onto it, but has kept it in beautiful condition.  While up in Teton Valley this weekend, visiting my grandfather, I asked him if I could take pictures of my sister in the dress up at the house that my grandmother designed.  My grandfather is preparing to sell the house and it stands completely empty, which happens to be absolutely perfect for amazing light to pass through.  The setting, the girl, and the dress were perfect for this little nostalgic shoot.  I wanted to preserve the memory of my grandmother through the dress and the home she built with my grandfather.  My sister's beau stepped in as well to complete the picture.  The dress was meant to be worn by someone in love. 





















5 comments:

  1. So lovely. Definitely magazine worthy. You do such amazing work and that dress is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Jana these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo shoot idea so so much. That dress is incredible. And Abby + beau are flawless. Well done miss Jana

    ReplyDelete